Facebook Competitors – Almost every person on the planet has at least one social media account: staying connected with family and friends, making money as an influencer, or sharing their ideas.
Social networks are a technology that helps link people, ideas, and thoughts, creating communities and networks in the virtual world. Facebook (FB) is, without a doubt, the largest and most popular social networking site out there. Founded in 2004, the company had 2.5 billion active users each month through September 2019.
The company reported revenue of $ 70.7 billion for the year ending 2019. But some sites are trying to take market share from Facebook. Read on to learn more about Facebook’s biggest competitors.
Top Facebook Competitors
Google is a US-based global Internet company specializing in offering digital products and services, including advertising, online search, software, and cloud computing. It is arguably the leading multiplatform that receives the most number of visitors. Since it offers various functions, it makes it easy for users to use it for different search purposes.
As much as Facebook makes relatively more from advertising, Google is still the leading competitor in advertising. It currently has more than 123,000 full-time employees and 80,000 contractors and has a search share of 91.45% of the world’s traffic as of 2021. It makes much of its revenue from publicity through Google sites and the Google Network websites.
Facebook vs. Google:
- Due to the ad war and marketing expense, Google is one of Facebook’s main competitors. Google Adwords is one of the roughest adversaries Facebook faces.
- Facebook smartly started the social media boost set for its Pages, which generates a lot of revenue for Facebook.
- However, since Google is a search engine, the leading industrial and e-commerce expenses are made on Google itself.
- It has also unfocussed its services and products, making it possible for many users to find it an ideal platform for various Internet services and digital products.
- It currently provides the Android operating system, the Chrome browser, Chromecast, and Nexus, among many others.
Twitter is an Internet social media platform that allows users to send relatively short messages, commonly known as tweets. It is also considered one of the leading social media websites, with an estimated 330 million active users in the first quarter of 2017.
Utilizing November 2017, Katy Perry was the busy superstar with the highest followers, with 107 million. From day 1, Twitter considers one of Facebook’s most formidable competitors when considering only social media.
Twitter has a unique design and uses retweets and current news to attract users of social networks. Twitter generated a global income of $ 2.53 billion and annual ad revenue of $ 2.25 billion.
Study shows that Twitter is increasingly becoming an ideal platform for broadcasting messages at live events. Though, it faces stiff competition from other emerging platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat, becoming popular with users, especially millennials.
Facebook vs. Twitter:
- Twitter and Facebook are different depending on the tone of the users who interact on the platform. Here, Twitter is known to be much more severe and media-oriented compared to Facebook.
- Also, Twitter has a much better reach for its tweets than Facebook, where the distance is gradually becoming limited, especially for brands.
- Most of Twitter’s user base is busy discussing events in real-time, while Facebook is busier discussing entertainment.
- Snapchat is a mobile application that allows users to send, receive and share photos and multimedia content.
- It was launched in 2011 with the initial intention of sharing impermanent images via a private message known as snapshots that could only be viewed for a limited time before they became inaccessible.
- It supports video viewing and sharing, which is estimated at more than 10 billion videos viewed and shared on this platform daily.
- This places it as one of the wildest growing Facebook competitors among all. When you consider video sharing from the regular user, Snapchat could be number 1 in Facebook’s competition.
- It was one of the wildest growing social platforms, with global revenue of $ 404.48 million in 2016.
- In the third quarter of 2017, Snapchat had 178 million daily active users, which is projected to increase as it becomes more popular.
- LinkedIn is also a social networking service primarily for professionals and companies. It currently has more than 470 million active users worldwide, making it one of the most popular sites in the world.
- Linkedin is very unlike Facebook, and while Facebook is more social, LinkedIn is more professional. It supports 24 different languages and is available in more than 200 countries.
- Because he draws most of the professional crowd, he is regarding as one of Facebook’s main competitors.
- Microsoft acquired LinkedIn in December 2016 for an estimating $ 26.2 billion. It is using mostly by people between 25 and 34 years old who are positioning themselves in the development of their careers and businesses.
- In 2016 it was ranking as the leading social network using by Top Fortune companies.
- If we consider all the players in the Facebook Competitor analysis, LinkedIn will be unfazed because their value proposition is entirely different. You generate a better percentage of your revenue by purchasing solutions, advertising, and premium subscriptions.